The NBAPA Top 100 camp started off great as all the young men that attended came to compete. At a camp that is filled with NBA scouts, NCAA coaching staff, and media. Some of the prospects didn’t come to play around and brought it from the jump. Looking at the first day of games Anthony Forrester gives you his top 10 players from day 1 of NBAPA top 100 camp.
1) #71 Gregory (GG) Jackson (PHX): 6’10”, Forward, Ridgeview HS, 2023 – GG Jackson is active around the rim on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. His ability to find the open man helps open up opportunities for his team. GG is composed on the floor and has nice handles for his size in the open court. GG is very explosive and plays above the rim. GG is a competitor and does not shy away from a challenge.
2) #42 Jared McCain (ORL): 6’3”, Guard, Centennial HS, 2023 – Jared McCain has a high basketball IQ. Jared has good vision on the floor and is always looking to make a play. Jared is a strong finisher when attacking the rim and does not shy away from contact. Jared is active on the glass and isn’t scared to bang with guys in the paint for rebounds. Jared shoots the ball well and takes good shots.
3) #48 Taylor Bol Bowen (GSW): 6’9”, Forward, Brewster Academy, 2023 – Taylor Bol Bowen likes to contest shots at the rim. Taylor is aggressive when going to the rim and plays through contact. Taylor has good court vision and looks up on the fast break. Taylor has active hands and plays good defense.
4) #26 Bryson Warren (PHX): 6’2”, Guard, Overtime Elite, 2023 – Bryson Warren is a crafty finisher at the rim. Bryson is shifty enough to attack the paint at will. Bryson has a nice floater game which is good since he gets in the paint pretty often. Bryson has good speed which allows him to be a problem in transition. Bryson’s ability to play make helps his teammates get so many open looks.
5) #1 Jaylen Currey (ORL): 6’2”, Guard, Julius L. Chambers HS, 2023 – Jaylen Currey can shoot the ball very well from inside and the perimeter. Jaylen has a nice handle and that allows him to beat his defenders off the dribble. Jaylen likes to grab a board and start the break and make plays in transition. Jaylen’s quickness allows him to get to the rim and draw contact.
6) #88 Silas Demary Jr (MIA): 6’5”, Guard, Combine Academy, 2023 – Silas Demary Jr is an explosive guard. Silas shiftiness helps him get to his spot. Silas is a guard that crashes the glass. Silas has active hands on defense that allows him to get started on the offensive end. Silas is an all-around guard that can do it all for his team. Silas is a guard that excels when going downhill.
7) #77 Cameron Boozer (LAL): 6’8”, Forward, Christopher Columbus HS, 2025 – Cameron Boozer is in the class of 2025 but he held his own and did very well in his first two sessions. Cameron plays well in transition as a ball-handler or running his lane. Cameron displayed good touch around the rim. Cameron bangs in the paint and cleans the glass. Cameron makes the right play and gets the ball to the open man. Cameron has a nice stroke and can hit the mid-range jumper well.
8) #53 Baye Fall (ATL): 6’11”, Center, Accelerated School, 2023 – Baye Fall is a great athlete that plays above the rim. Baye runs the floor well and gets up and down like a guard. Baye contest a lot of stuff at the rim. Baye has a nice post-game and excellent touch around the rim. Baye has a smooth jumper and can hit from the mid-range.
9) #76 Flory Bidunga (HOU): 6’10”, Center, Kokomo HS, 2024 – Flory Bidunga is a shot blocker and contests almost everything at the rim. Flory’s offensive game is efficient, especially in the paint area at his size. Flory finishes at the rim well and is a lob threat. Flory makes an impact on both ends of the floor.
10) #32 Jaylin Stewart (MIA): 6’7”, Forward, Garfield HS, 2023 – Jaylin Stewart is very versatile on the offensive end. Jaylin has a high basketball IQ. Jaylin has good court vision and is always looking to pass up. Jaylin is an explosive athlete. Jaylin is an efficient scorer that does a lot with less.
#19 Layden Blocker (CHI): 6’3”, Forward, Sunrise Christian Academy, 2023
#6 Robert Dillingham (ATL): 6’3”, Guard, Donda Academy, 2023
#15 Jackson Shelstad (LAL): 6’0”, Guard, West Linn HS, 2023
#67 JP Estrella (DAL): 6’11”, Forward, Brewster Academy, 2023
#95 Chris Johnson (HOU): 6’5”, Guard, Montverde Academy, 2023
#57 Treymane Parker (GSW): 6’2”, Guard, Vertical Academy, 2023
#78 Aaron Bradshaw (DAL): 7’1”, Center, Big Picture Academy, 2023